Several people have contributed to the Trump evil list. Joy Javits deserves major credit. Her father senator Jacob J Javits was a republican who represented exactly what a republican senator in this country should be. The Javits center is named after him, he was a great man, a great senator, his statue is there, and everyone should go to pay obeisance to a great republican, a great American and a great believer in Democracy.
It is beyond understanding that Americans who claim to believe in America Democracy could ever have supported Trump as president of the USA.
One can only come to the conclusion that the people who have supported him and continue to support him are bent on the destruction of the Democracy under which we as nation have flourished for the past 200+ years.
These people are either utterly ignorant or total fascists.
For those people who think that Trump was not so bad and who still support his return to twitter and to power, despite the fact that he committed insurrection against the government of the USA and continuous to hide documents of national security, here is a list of some of his offenses.
1)He incited an insurrection against the government.
2. mismanaged a pandemic that killed a million Americans,
3. separated children from their families, lost those children in the bureaucracy,
4. tear-gassed peaceful protesters on Lafayette Square so he could hold a photo op holding a Bible in front of a church,
5. tried to block all Muslims from entering the country,
6. got impeached,
7. got impeached again,
8. had the worst jobs record of any president in modern history,
9. pressured Ukraine to dig dirt on Joe Biden,
10. fired the FBI director for investigating his ties to Russia,
11. bragged about firing the FBI director on TV,
12. took Vladimir Putin’s word over the US intelligence community,
13. diverted military funding to build his wall,
14. caused the longest government shutdown in US history,
15. called Black Lives Matter a “symbol of hate,”
16. lied nearly 30,000 times,
17. banned transgender people from serving in the military,
18. ejected reporters from the White House briefing room who asked tough questions,
19. vetoed the defense funding bill because it renamed military bases named for Confederate soldiers,
20. refused to release his tax returns,
21. increased the national debt by nearly $8 TRILLION,
22. had three of the highest annual trade deficits in U.S. history,
23. called veterans and soldiers who died in combat losers and suckers,
24. coddled the leader of Saudi Arabia after he ordered the execution and dismembering of a US-based journalist,
25. refused to concede the 2020 election,
26. hired his unqualified daughter and son-in-law to work in the White House,
27. walked out of an interview with Lesley Stahl,
28. called neo-Nazis “very fine people,”
29. suggested that people should inject bleach into their bodies to fight COVID,
30. abandoned our allies the Kurds to Turkey,
31. pushed through massive tax cuts for the wealthiest but balked at helping working Americans,
32. incited anti-lockdown protestors in several states at the height of the pandemic,
33. withdrew the US from the Paris climate accords,
34. withdrew the US from the Iranian nuclear deal,
35. withdrew the US from the Trans Pacific Partnership which was designed to block China’s advances,
36. insulted his own Cabinet members on Twitter,
37. pushed the leader of Montenegro out of the way during a photo op,
38. failed to reiterate US commitment to defending NATO allies,
39. called Haiti and African nations “shithole” countries,
40. called the city of Baltimore the “worst in the nation,”
41. claimed that he single handedly brought back the phrase “Merry Christmas” even though it hadn’t gone anywhere,
42. forced his Cabinet members to praise him publicly like some cult leader,
43. believed he should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize,
44. berated and belittled his hand-picked Attorney General when he recused himself from the Russia probe,
45. suggested the US should buy Greenland,
46. colluded with Mitch McConnell to push through federal judges and two Supreme Court justices after supporting efforts to prevent his predecessor from appointing judges,
47. repeatedly called the media “enemies of the people,”
48. claimed that if we tested fewer people for COVID we’d have fewer cases,
49. violated the emoluments clause,
50. thought that Nambia was a country,
51. told Bob Woodward in private that the coronavirus was a big deal but then downplayed it in public,
52. called his exceedingly faithful vice president a “p—y” for following the Constitution,
53. nearly got us into a war with Iran after threatening them by tweet,
54. nominated a corrupt head of the EPA,
55. nominated a corrupt head of HHS,
56. nominated a corrupt head of the Interior Department,
57. nominated a corrupt head of the USDA,
58. praised dictators and authoritarians around the world while criticizing allies,
59. refused to allow the presidential transition to begin,
60. insulted war hero John McCain – even after his death,
61. spent an obscene amount of time playing golf after criticizing Barack Obama for playing (far less) golf while president,
62. falsely claimed that he won the 2016 popular vote,
63. called the Muslim mayor of London a “stone cold loser,”
64. falsely claimed that he turned down being Time’s Man of the Year,
65. considered firing special counsel Robert Mueller on several occasions,
66. mocked wearing face masks to guard against transmitting COVID,
67. locked Congress out of its constitutional duty to confirm Cabinet officials by hiring acting ones,
68. used a racist dog whistle by calling COVID the “China virus,”
69. hired and associated with numerous shady figures that were eventually convicted of federal offenses including his campaign manager and national security adviser,
70. pardoned several of his shady associates,
71. gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to two congressmen who amplified his batshit crazy conspiracy theories,
72. got into telephone fight with the leader of Australia(!),
73. had a Secretary of State who called him a moron,
74. forced his press secretary to claim without merit that his was the largest inauguration crowd in history,
75. botched the COVID vaccine rollout,
76. tweeted so much dangerous propaganda that Twitter eventually banned him,
77. charged the Secret Service jacked-up rates at his properties,
78. constantly interrupted Joe Biden in their first presidential debate,
79. claimed that COVID would “magically” disappear,
80. called a U.S. Senator “Pocahontas,”
81. used his Twitter account to blast Nordstrom when it stopped selling Ivanka’s merchandise,
82. opened up millions of pristine federal lands to development and drilling,
83. got into a losing tariff war with China that forced US taxpayers to bail out farmers,
84. claimed that his losing tariff war was a win for the US,
85. ignored or didn’t even take part in daily intelligence briefings,
86. blew off honoring American war dead in France because it was raining,
87. redesigned Air Force One to look like the Trump Shuttle,
88. got played by Kim Jung Un and his “love letters,”
89. threatened to go after social media companies in clear violation of the Constitution,
90. botched the response to Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico,
91. threw paper towels at Puerto Ricans when he finally visited them,
92. pressured the governor and secretary of state of Georgia to “find” him votes,
93. thought that the Virgin islands had a President,
94. drew on a map with a Sharpie to justify his inaccurate tweet that Alabama was threatened by a hurricane,
95. allowed White House staff to use personal email accounts for official businesses after blasting Hillary Clinton for doing the same thing,
96. rolled back regulations that protected the public from mercury and asbestos,
97. pushed regulators to waste time studying snake-oil remedies for COVID,
98. rolled back regulations that stopped coal companies from dumping waste into rivers,
99. held blatant campaign rallies at the White House,
100. tried to take away millions of Americans’ health insurance because the law was named for a Black man,
101. refused to attend his successors’ inauguration,
102. nominated the worst Education Secretary in history,
103. threatened judges who didn’t do what he wanted,
104. attacked Dr. Anthony Fauci,
105. promised that Mexico would pay for the wall (it didn’t),
106. allowed political hacks to overrule government scientists on major reports on climate change and other issues,
107. struggled navigating a ramp after claiming his opponent was feeble,
108. called an African-American Congresswoman “low IQ,”
109. threatened to withhold federal aid from states and cities with Democratic leaders,
110. went ahead with rallies filled with maskless supporters in the middle of a pandemic,
111. claimed that legitimate investigations of his wrongdoing were “witch hunts,”
112. seemed to demonstrate a belief that there were airports during the American Revolution,
113. demanded “total loyalty” from the FBI director,
114. praised a conspiracy theory that Democrats are Satanic pedophiles,
115. completely gutted the Voice of America,
116. placed a political hack in charge of the Postal Service,
117. claimed without evidence that the Obama administration bugged Trump Tower,
118. suggested that the US should allow more people from places like Norway into the country,
119. suggested that COVID wasn’t that bad because he recovered with the help of top government doctors and treatments not available to the public,
120. overturned energy conservation standards that even industry supported,
121. reduced the number of refugees the US accepts,
122. insulted various members of Congress and the media with infantile nicknames,
123. gave Rush Limbaugh a Presidential medal of Freedom at the State of the Union address,
124. named as head of federal personnel a 29-year old who’d previously been fired from the White House for allegations of financial improprieties,
125. eliminated the White House office of pandemic response,
126. used soldiers as campaign props,
127. fired any advisor who made the mistake of disagreeing with him,
128. demanded the Pentagon throw him a Soviet-style military parade,
129. hired a shit ton of white nationalists,
130. politicized the civil service,
131. did absolutely nothing after Russia hacked the U.S. government,
132. falsely said the Boy Scouts called him to say his bizarre Jamboree speech was the best speech ever given to the Scouts,
133. claimed that Black people would overrun the suburbs if Biden won,
134. insulted reporters of color,
135. insulted women reporters,
136. insulted women reporters of color,
137. suggested he was fine with China’s oppression of the Uighurs,
138. attacked the Supreme Court when it ruled against him,
139. summoned Pennsylvania state legislative leaders to the White House to pressure them to overturn the election,
140. spent countless hours every day watching Fox News,
141. refused to allow his administration to comply with Congressional subpoenas,
142. hired Rudy Giuliani as his lawyer,
143. tried to punish Amazon because the Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post wrote negative stories about him,
144. acted as if the Attorney General of the United States was his personal attorney,
145. attempted to get the federal government to defend him in a libel lawsuit from a prominent lady who accused him of sexual assault,
146. held private meetings with Vladimir Putin without staff present,
147. didn’t disclose his private meetings with Vladimir Putin so that the US had to find out via Russian media,
148. stopped holding press briefings for months at a time,
149. “ordered” US companies to leave China even though he has no such power,
150. led a political party that couldn’t even be bothered to draft a policy platform,
151. claimed preposterously that Article II of the Constitution gave him absolute powers,
152. tried to pressure the U.K. to hold the British Open at his golf course,
153. suggested that the government nuke hurricanes,
154. suggested that wind turbines cause cancer,
155. said that he had a special aptitude for science,
156. fired the head of election cyber security after he said that the 2020 election was secure,
157. blurted out classified information to Russian officials,
158. tried to force the G7 to hold their meeting at his failing golf resort in Florida,
159. fired the acting attorney general when she refused to go along with his unconstitutional Muslim travel ban,
160. hired notorious racist Stephen Miller,
161. openly discussed national security issues in the dining room at Mar-a-Lago where everyone could hear them,
162. interfered with plans to relocate the FBI because a new development there might compete with his hotel,
163. abandoned Iraqi refugees who’d helped the U.S. during the war,
164. tried to get Russia back into the G7,
165. held a COVID super spreader event in the Rose Garden,
166. seemed to believe that Frederick Douglass is still alive,
167. lost 60 election fraud cases in court including before judges he had nominated,
168. falsely claimed that factories were reopening when they weren’t,
169. shamelessly exploited terror attacks in Europe to justify his anti-immigrant policies,
170. still hasn’t come up with a healthcare plan,
171. still hasn’t come up with an infrastructure plan despite repeated “Infrastructure Weeks,”
172. forced Secret Service agents to drive him around Walter Reed while contagious with COVID,
173. told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by,”
174. fucked up the Census,
175. withdrew the U.S. from the World Health Organization in the middle of a pandemic,
176. did so few of his duties that his press staff were forced to state on his daily schedule “President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings,”
177. allowed his staff to repeatedly violate the Hatch Act,
178. seemed not to know that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican,
179. stood before sacred CIA wall of heroes and bragged about his election win,
180. constantly claimed he was treated worse than any president which presumably includes four that were assassinated and his predecessor whose legitimacy and birthplace were challenged by a racist reality TV show star named Donald Trump,
181. claimed Andrew Jackson could’ve stopped the Civil War even though he died 16 years before it happened,
182. said that any opinion poll showing him behind was fake,
183. claimed that other countries laughed at us before he became president when several world leaders were literally laughing at him,
184. claimed that the military was out of ammunition before he became President,
185. created a commission to whitewash American history,
186. retweeted anti-Islam videos from one of the most racist people in Britain,
187. claimed ludicrously that the Pulse nightclub shooting wouldn’t have happened if someone there had a gun even though there was an armed security guard there,
188. hired a senior staffer who cited the non-existent Bowling Green Massacre as a reason to ban Muslims,
189. had a press secretary who claimed that Nazi Germany never used chemical weapons even though every sane human being knows they used gas to kill millions of Jews and others,
190. bilked the Secret Service for higher than market rates when they had to stay at Trump properties,
191. apparently sold pardons on his way out of the White House,
192. stripped protective status from 59,000 Haitians,
193. falsely claimed Biden wanted to defund the police,
194. said that the head of the CDC didn’t know what he was talking about,
195. tried to rescind protection from DREAMers,
196. gave himself an A+ for his handling of the pandemic,
197. tried to start a boycott of Goodyear tires due to an Internet hoax,
198. said U.S. rates of COVID would be lower if you didn’t count blue states,
199. deported U.S. veterans who served their country but were undocumented,
200. claimed he did more for African Americans than any president since Lincoln,
201. touted a “super-duper” secret “hydrosonic” missile which may or may not be a new “hypersonic” missile or may not exist at all,
202. retweeted a gif calling Biden a pedophile,
203. forced through security clearances for his family,
204. suggested that police officers should rough up suspects,
205. suggested that Biden was on performance-enhancing drugs,
206. tried to stop transgender students from being able to use school bathrooms in line with their gender,
207. suggested the US not accept COVID patients from a cruise ship because it would make US numbers look higher,
208. nominated a climate change sceptic to chair the committee advising the White House on environmental policy,
209. retweeted a video doctored to look like Biden
210. had played a song called “Fuck tha Police” at a campaign event,
211. hugged a disturbingly large number of U.S. flags,
212. accused Democrats of “treason” for not applauding his State of the Union address,
213. claimed that the FBI failed to capture the Parkland school shooter because they were “spending too much time” on Russia,
214. mocked the testimony of Dr Christine Blasey Ford when she accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault,
215. obsessed over low-flow toilets,
216. ordered the rerelease of more COVID vaccines when there weren’t any to release,
217. called for the construction of a bizarre garden of heroes with statutes of famous dead Americans as well as at least one Canadian (Alex Trebek),
218. hijacked Washington’s July 4th celebrations to give a partisan speech,
219. took advice from the MyPillow guy,
220. claimed that migrants seeking a better life in the US were dangerous caravans of drug dealers and rapists,
221. said nothing when Vladimir Putin poisoned a leading opposition figure,
222. never seemed to heed the advice of his wife’s “Be Best” campaign,
223. falsely claimed that mail-in voting is fraudulent,
224. announced a precipitous withdrawal of troops from Syria which not only handed Russia and ISIS a win but also prompted his defense secretary to resign in protest,
225. insulted the leader of Canada,
226. insulted the leader of France,
227. insulted the leader of Britain,
228. insulted the leader of Germany,
229. insulted the leader of Sweden (Sweden!!),
230. falsely claimed credit for getting NATO members to increase their share of dues,
231. blew off two Asia summits even though they were held virtually,
232. continued lying about spending lots of time at Ground Zero with 9/11 responders,
233. said that the Japanese would sit back and watch their “Sony televisions” if the US were ever attacked,
234. left a NATO summit early in a huff,
235. stared directly into an eclipse even though everyone over the age of 5 knows not to do that,
236. called himself a very stable genius despite significant evidence to the contrary,
237. refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power and kept his promise.
238. Don’t forget that he took many classified & top-secret documents with him when he left the White
If you feel that this list is incomplete, please feel free to make any additions of your choice.
Friends and fellow citizens of USA. Those of you who are interested and who value the democracy under which we have all lived for several hundred years must now support Biden in the midterms.
Whether one agrees with all of President Biden’s policies or whether we do not agree with all of them the only way to save this democracy in the next period of time will be to support him in the midterms.
Trump and his Nazi party and white supremacist followers who want to destroy this country, are well into the process to do so. They are working day and night to do everything possible to suppress the voting rights, to promulgate, publicize and communicate misinformation and lies.
If Biden is not supported at the midterms, if the republicans regain the senate this country will fall into the hands of Donald Trump and his republican sycophants posing as members of the senate. They do not represent a true Republican party. They represent Trump and themselves with a single aim to destroy this country and the
Democracy and destroy our democratic form of government under which we have lived and thrived for more than 200 years.
Biden has not always been right a 100% of the time. However at least he is dedicated to the service and salvation of this nation of ours.
He is blamed for everything that is wrong and goes wrong in this country and beyond.
The truth of the matter is that starting with Afghanistan and the withdrawal of the American troops, Biden was blamed for the messy exit.
Nobody seems to remember that the former president Donald Trump had a contract with the Taliban to get all Americans out in 10 days. If this contract was not fulfilled every American in Afghanistan would have been killed by the Taliban.
Biden inherited that contract and managed to get a 170.000 people out of Afghanistan in 10 days. Most of those people were Americans and many others were people from Afghanistan or people who have worked for America.
Of course, it was messy and of course it was most unfortunate and sad that some people were lost along the way.
The sad truth of the matter is that Trump’s arrangements are always inhuman and inconsiderate of the human beings involved.
Now Biden is being blamed for the inflation. It is possible that Biden’s build back America was too generous. Perhaps some families should have been deprived of the $1400 allowance that was distributed. When you are dealing with a society that is suffering from a worldwide Pandemic, and the ensuing unemployment and starvation and death, there is no known mechanism available to go from family to family to investigate the financial status of each claimant.
The covid epidemic had caused the closure of businesses and corporations leaving people unemployed, sick, and hungry and dying.
It is certainly possible that less money might have been spent in this regard. However, the situation was desperate urgent and required immediate attention.
Remember that Trump have failed utterly to do anything to help this nation to survive the covid Pandemic.
Yet another major contributing factor to the present inflation is of course the war in the Ukraine.
President Roosevelt kept WW2 over there for as long as it was possible. Remember Cash and Carry project, remember the arms sent to the Russians to help them in the war against Hitler, remember the America help to England and France and the rest of Europe.
It was not until after Japan attacked the USA in the Pacific and that Hitler would attack the USA from Europe that the USA had to enter the order by sending troops.
We are in a similar situation right now. The world is again facing a criminal, inhumane mad man who will stop at nothing. This man Putin cares cares nothing for human life, who thinks nothing of useless, unforgivable destruction and torture only to salve his own ego.
Biden by supporting the Ukraine and the battle against Putin is fighting a war over there.
By weakening Putin’s army, and holping to destroy it. We are keeping the war over there.
War is costly.
In order, to support Ukraine, we have to pay. There is no alternative.
There is a cost to the combination of the loss of Ukrainian grain to the world and the shortage of oil in Europe as consequence of the shutting down off the Russian oil flow.
We have inflation and we will continue to have inflation as long these condition lasts.
If Putin is in the stopped in the Ukraine, he will push into all the neighboring countries and alternated the NATO will be forced to declare WW3.
We must recognize that Putin from overseas and that Trump within our own nation are both determined to destroy our democracy. Each for their own divisive purposes but allied to create an authoritarian pro-Russian government in the USA.
This may sound insane but look back at the roots of the WW2 and you will see that Trump and Putin together have a similar aim as did Hitler and as did the Japanese at that time.
America support Biden now and in the midterms.
If Biden loses in the midterm, if the democratic senate is lost to the right wing, narrow minded and anti-democracy, fascistic, our democracy is lost.
These people are not dedicated to our democracy or to our nation. They are only interested in their own power and in their lifetime gratuities.
They are not interested in benefiting this country.
Only by supporting Biden and the democratic senate in the midterms can we at this time hope to preserve our democratic way of life and the democratic government under which we all abide.
Hit the streets America.
Support Biden now.
Support Biden and the democratic senate now in the midterms.
Address his deficiencies later. They are far less serious than the present danger and potential immediate loss of our democracy.
Hit the streets America. Vote for Biden in the midterms and send this blog onto as many people as you have in your list and encourage them to send it to their lists.
|Are women not equal under the law?The equal rights amendment was passed and made into law in March 1972. |
Trump managed to keep it out of sight and off the books along with his other plans to destroy our democracy.
He managed to hide the equal rights amendment as though it had never existed.
The fact is that women in America today have equal rights under the constitution.
They have the right to determine what they should do with their own bodies.
The rights of women, today, cannot be taken away or destroyed by some Nazi, right wing, fascists, or religious fanatics who are trying to take over this country.
This has been Trump’s aim from the beginning. He has had the support of the narrow minded, right wing, republican senators.
It will not stop until WE THE PEOPLE of America wake up and stop this anti-democratic movement in America.
Every woman who receives this blog and every man who supports women’s rights and the constitution should stand up and scream out against the suppression of equal rights in this country.
For those who may agree with this, please read it, and send it on to others whom you know.
Let’s get women’s rights back on track.
Let’s get all rights back on track.
Let’s get our democracy back on track.
The shocking news of the murder of the Reids makes one aware of the incredible amount of racial hatred in this country. The Reids obviously are a mixed racial couple. This is probably and the most likely the irrational reason behind this heart-breaking murder. It is heartbreaking for friends and family to lose parents and friends at any time in any way but in this manner, it is particularly sad and savage. It is certainly hoped for that the Hampshire police will find this vicious assassin and lock him forever and throw away the keys. It is pure guess work to believe that this is a racially motivated murder but somehow that is what comes to mind when you look at pictures of the couple. It is just another example of the deep racial divide in America. It is having a disastrous and destructive effect on our nation as a whole and then in the end could destroy our democracy.
We should all thank Mr. Bloomberg, the ex-mayor of NYC, for his contribution toward making the city increasingly ugly and unlivable.
The licenses and the encouragement that he gave the construction business has created a forest of tall, mostly empty buildings clustered in the center of NYC blocking the view of great buildings such as the Chrysler building on the east side of Manhattan and the empire state building on the west side.
The most iconic buildings in the city of NY, have now been virtually obliterated from the landscape of Manhattan.
These new buildings are not only excessively tall, but they are architecturally devoid of any interest or character.
In the end they are just massive, tall brick, glass steel structures that seem to be largely uninhabited.
The rumor is that the new Mayor of NYC, Eric Adams, has it in mind to convert these buildings to some kind of combination of office and apartments.
Basically, this is probably a good idea. But what he needs to add to his concept is a number of floors dedicated to public parking spaces, where people can park their cars at the same price as parking on the streets. This has been done in all major cities in Europe.
All cars should be taken off the streets, especially in midtown. This would increase the number of traffic lanes which would then enable the traffic to flow more quickly through the city.
This would also enable the streets to be cleaned everyday as they used to be years ago, in the distant past.
NYC has become a filthy, dirty city. Manhattan, the Bronx and all the way out to the airports.
It is the only city in the developed world that has piles of garbage on the streets. Even in the cities of Africa the streets are not piled with garbage.
Better planning and less greed would make a huge difference to the reopening of Manhattan. After all, it is the iconic center of America, if not the world.
Part of the solution to the garbage problem could be to force buildings to provide space for storage bins. These bins could be made on wheels with doors that would open easily, enabling the garbage collectors to remove the garbage as easily as they do by picking it up off the streets.
This solution seems inexpensive and probably immediately feasible.
This combination of getting the parked cars off the streets and getting the garbage off the sidewalks would then make it a very simple job for the little hose and brush carts that we used to have running around the streets and keeping the city immaculately clean.
This project should be carried out city wide. It should cover Harlem and the Bronx, the upper east and west side, lower east and west side and any other part of Manhattan known to man.
This is the moment, the reopening of Manhattan that this plan can really be put into effect.
This goal at this time can be easily achieved because we have the empty buildings in which to create the solution.
Let’s get it done and let’s get the city back to being the clean and pleasant place that it once was long ago in the too distant past.
The city should also go back to enforcing trash laws that we used to have. They were very effective because we had police on the streets who fined people who threw garbage on the streets.
Those were the good old days. Better time than these.
As we reopen our city after the Covid Pandemic can we not also improve it?
Oh, what a wonderful world this could be.
Any sanctions that we might levy against Putin will take time and in the end may not be successful. He has insulated himself from western retribution. Putin is a maniac, a psychopath , a mass murderer. The only way that he can be stopped is by eliminating him. There would be nothing wrong with the secret services of all nations seeking him out wherever he is hiding and eliminating him.We did it with Gaddafi for less reason and we did it with Bin Laden and others. This man Putin is worse and more dangerous , more insane, more inhumane than all of them put together. He must be destroyed. NATO must act, America must act. The longer we wait the more damage he will do. He totally destroyed Syria only to keep assad in power and he will totally destroy a nation close to Europe for absolutely no reason except to satisfy his maniacal ego. This man must be stopped and destroyed. If he gets way with the physical and inhumane destruction of an entire nation he will not stop here. Remember Hitler! Remember Hitler! He took over one country after another starting in eastern Europe walking his way across Europe to Britain. As long as Putin is alive he will not be stopped and one way or another we will be ultimately involved in a war to preserve civilization as we know it. If he is successful in the Ukraine nothing will stop him from going into Poland, Finland or wherever he chooses. There maybe a danger of retaliation if he is eliminated but there is a far greater risk if he is allowed to survive. Putin must be eliminated as soon as possible now.
It is totally heart breaking to be standing by and watching the Ukraine been decimated by a maniac. Like Hitler he is repeating the same story . We The USA cannot once again stand by as we did in 1940 allowing Hitler to killed 6 millions jews and an untold numbers of other people as well. Here we are again standing by doing nothing to help while the Ukraine is being invaded and decimated by a maniac. Putin is Hitler all over again! We are facing the same dilemma. Do we let our neighbor house burn, or do we get involved in saving our neighbor house and perhaps getting ourselves involve in the fire. In this case it may be the start of the WW3. A friend of mine Connie Erlanger send me a letter that she posted with The New York Times . I want all of you to read it , so I post it here. In 1940 President Roosevelt made the analogy of our neighbor’s house being on fire and the urgent choice - either to help put out the fire, or not (at that time it was about providing support to the UK in defense of democracy there and here in our own country.) Today we are faced with the same circumstance: our neighbor Ukraine’s house is on fire and if we do not take aggressive action to help put out the fire, it will burn down the neighborhood. We refer to the men and women who responded in 1940 as The Greatest Generation. The generation that saved the world from tyranny. Today, we observe the unfathomable tragedy unfolding before us - on TV. 24/7. Like a movie. But it is not a movie. This is a real life horror and we, the United States of America, can not stand by as observers and sympathetic commentators. Now, as was the case in 1940, the fear of engagement is that it will lead to world war, only this time it will be nuclear war. I am not an expert, but I suggest that we are already in WW3, and it is being waged on the ground, in the air, on the sea, in cyber space, and all the while real human lives are lost and shattered - in the real world. The way to avoid more war, nuclear war, is to respond immediately to the urgent pleas of Ukraine, for their sake and our own. Our neighbor’s house is on fire. We must rush to provide Ukraine with all the fire hose and water and fire retardant and fire prevention material possible, without limit or hesitation. Connie Erlanger
The start of this new year is no less depressing than was the end of the last year.
In these first days of 2022, this country, the United States of America, the leading democracy in the world is tethering on the brink of
facing the possible loss of our democracy and becoming a dictatorship.
Never at any time since the civil war has this country faced such imminent danger.
The times seem very much like the end of the Weimar Republic of Germany in the 1930’s.
Adolf Hitler became chancellor of Germany. Between the time of his election and the start of WWII, he and his henchmen managed to imprison and exterminate six million Jews and at least five million other people.
This period is known as the Holocaust.
It was Hitler and his Nazi party whose intention was to create a pure Arian race.
If Donald Trump and his ignorant sycophantic followers gain power and have their way, they would probably exterminate not only Jews, but Asians, Hispanics, and certainly all black people as well.
Their goal is to create a pure, blonde haired, blue eyed white skinned America.
Since the schools in America teach history only superficially, few Americans under the age of sixty seem to know anything about Hitler and the causes of WWII.
Without the understanding of Hitler and his rise to power, Americans do not realize that Donald Trump has modeled himself and his party after the greatest tyrants of the world, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Putin, and Kim Jong-un.
Few Americans have participated in public service since the end of The Vietnam war in 1973, when the draft was abolished.
As a consequence the knowledge and interest in what is happening in this country has diminished.
The generation under the age of 60s seems to have little knowledge or interest in what is happening to their country.
Since they do not know or understand the rise of Hitler’s Germany, they do not recognized the similarity between Donald Trump and Hitler.
President Biden is doing everything that he can to address the problems facing this country and the failures in our system.
Joe Manchin the Senator who were against Biden reconstruction, is standing in the way of progress. He made his money in the Coal business and is protecting his familybusiness and in doing so is preventing Biden from doing exactly what this country needs at this time.
Biden’s build back America program is exactly what Roosevelt accomplished with “The New Deal “in the 1930s.
It made it possible to rebuild the country with roads, bridges, housing, schools and medical care.
Part of Biden’s policy is the protection of the right of citizens to vote. The only way forward for this country at this time and to save America and our Democracy, is to support Biden.
It should be an imprisonable crime for anyone under any circumstances to attempt to suppress the vote in any city or state in the United States of America.
Everyone who can vote must support the access and the freedom to vote for all.
The democracy can only survive at this time by supporting President Biden and the democrats against a totally corrupt Republican Party.
Rise up and support president Biden, the right to vote and the build back American program.
The time is now.